10. Too many movies based on an overuse of green screens.
9. No creativity, it has all been done before. Besides, I’m not into comic books, I’ve grown up.
8. Some stuff is so weird, you wonder what drugs they were on. What’s up with Johnny Depp’s Lokai-like face- Star Trek, 1969?
7. How bad can it be when Hollywood experts are calling “Pacific Rim” a potential blockbuster? It has all the characteristics of Godzilla Versus The Smog Monster.
6. Can we get some real actors, please (other than Depp, who got through it somehow)
5. Morals? What morals?
4. Politically correct. “The Jerk” (1979) was a funny movie and classic, today “they” would be terrified to release such a picture.
3. I can watch over 70% of every Doctor Who episode…the classic ones with comic genius Tom Baker are still so much fun after the third or fourth viewing. You can’t say that about much of anything made in the past year (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was the last decent movie I have seen)
2. The Hobbit- Desolation of Smaug- isn’t out yet
1. Life is so much more interesting than this current crop of epic fails. Maybe if Hollywood produced more stuff like “I am Gabriel,” “End of the Spear,” and “The Hobbit,” we’d have something worth going to see.